Tips for Growing Tomato
- Soil : A well drained loamy soil is ideal
- Sowing time : As per the regional practices and timings
- Optimum Temp. for Germ : 25 – 30 °C
- Transplanting : 25 – 30 days after sowing
- Spacing : Row to Row : 90 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 – 60 cm
- Seed rate : 50 – 60 gm/acre
Preparation of Main Field :
- Deep ploughing and harowing. Add well decomposed FYM : 8 – 10 tones/acre. Make the ridges and furrows at the reuired spacing. Irrigate the field and make the holes at the recommended spacing. Transplanting should be done during late afternoon, after transplanting light irrigation should be given for quick and better establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer :
- Fertilizer requirement depends on the soil fertility
- First dose 6 – 8 days after transplanting : 50 : 100 : 100 NPK kg/acre
- Second dose 20 – 25 days after first application : 25 : 50 : 50 NPK kg/acre
- Third dose 20 – 25 days after second application : 25 : 00 : 00 NPK kg/acre
- At the time of Flowering : Sulphur 10 kg/acre
- At the time of Fruit Setting : Boracol 50 kg/acre
- Spray Calcium Nitrate (1% solution) at the time of flowering (To increase fruit set)
- Spray Urea & Soluble K (1% solution each) at 15 days interval during harvesting time (To increase no. of pickings)
Plant Protection : Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Information provided for guidance only and may vary from one cultivar to another.