Tips for Growing Cauliflower
- Soil : Well drained medium loam and/or sandy loam soils are suitable.
- Sowing time : As per the regional practices and timings
- Optimum Temp. for Germ : 25 – 30 °C
- Transplanting : 25 – 30 days after sowing
- Spacing : Row to Row : 60 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 cm
- Seed rate : 100 – 120 gm/acre
Preparation of Main Field :
Deep ploughing and harrowing. Add well decomposed FYM 7 – 8 tones/acre followed by harrowing to mix in the soil thoroughly. Open the ridges and furrows at required spacing. per acre. Apply Basal dose of chemical fertilizer before transplanting. Irrigate the field one day before transplanting, make a hole at a required spacing to plant seedling. Transplanting should be done late afternoon. After transplanting light irrigation should be given for better and quick establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer :
- Fertilizer requirement depends on the soil fertility
- First dose 6 – 8 days after transplanting : 50 : 50 : 60 NPK kg/acre
- Second dose 20 – 25 days after first application : 25 : 50 : 60 NPK kg/acre
- Third application 20 – 25 days after second application : 25 : 00 : 00 NPK kg/acre
- Boron & Molybdenum should be sprayed at curd initiation stage
Plant Protection : Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Information provided for guidance only and may vary from one cultivar to another.