Tips for Growing Cucumber
- Soil : Ranging from clay to sandy loam.
- Sowing time : As per the regional practices and timings.
- Optimum Temp. for Germ : 25 – 30 °C
- Spacing : 180 x 30 cm
- Seed rate : 300 – 400 gm/acre.
The temperature below 13 °C and above 40 °C are not suitable for growing cucumber. During summer season, there should be adequate water supply to avoid fruit bitterness and fruit malformation.
Preparation of Main Field :
- Deep ploughing and harrowing. Add well decomposed FYM 7 – 8 tones/acre. Open the ridges and furrows at required spacing (Apply basal dose of fertilizer as recommended). Irrigate the field one day before sowing. Sow 2 seeds per hill. Irrigates whenever require.
Chemical Fertilizer :
- Basal dose before sowing : 40 : 60 : 60 NPK kg/acre
- Top dressing after first picking : 25 : 00 : 60 NPK kg/acre
- After third picking : 25 : 00 : 00 NPK kg/acre
- Apply micro nutrient as and when required
Plant Protection : Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Information provided for guidance only and may vary from one cultivar to another.