Tips for Growing Cabbage
Soil : Well drained medium loam and /or sandy loam soils are suitable.
Sowing time : As per the regional practices and timings.
Temp. for Germ: 25 – 30°C.
Transplanting : 25 – 30 days after sowing.
Spacing : Early maturity – Row to Row : 45 cm. Plant to Plant : 30 cm.
Late maturity – Row to Row : 60 cm. Plant to Plant : 45 cm.
Seeds Rate : Early Maturity – 180 – 200 gms / acre Late Maturity : 120 – 150 gm / acre
Preparation of Main Field:
* Deep ploughing and harrowing
* Add well decomposed FYM 7-8 tones followed by harrowing to mix in the soil thoroughly.
* Open the ridges and furrows at required spacing. Per acre apply basal dose of chemical fertilizer before transplanting.
* Irrigation the field one day before transplanting, make a hole at a required spacing to plant seedling.
* Transplanting should be done late afternoon, after transplanting light irrigation should be given for better and quick establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer : Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility.
Basal application before transplanting : 25:50:60 NPK kg /acre
* First top dressing 10 -15 days after transplanting : 25:50:60 NPK kg / acre
* Second application 20 – 25 days after first top dressing : 25:00:00 NPK kg / acre
* Third application 10 – 15 days after second application : 25:00:00: NPK kg / acre
* Boron & Molybedenum should be sprayed at button stage.