Tips for Growing Bittergourd
- Soil : Well drained sandy loams and clay loam soil is ideal for the crop.
- Sowing time : Rainy and Summer
- Optimum Temp. for Germ : 28 – 32 °C
- Spacing : Row to Row : 120 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 cm
- Seed rate : 600 – 700 gm/acre
Preparation of Main Field :
- Deep ploughing and harowing. Add well decomposed FYM : 8 – 10 tones/acre. Open ridges and furrows at required spacing (Apply basal dose of fertilizer as recommended). Irrigate the field one day before sowing.
Chemical Fertilizer :
- Fertilizer requirement depends on the soil fertility
- Basal dose before sowing : 25 : 50 : 50 NPK kg/acre
- 30 days after sowing : 25 : 00 : 50 NPK kg/acre
- Use N & K after 25 – 30 days depend on crop condition : 25 : 00 : 30 NPK kg/acre
Plant Protection : Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Information provided for guidance only and may vary from one cultivar to another.